Working with local writers, photographers, bloggers and other ‘creatives’, who call Small Town‘s “theirs”, to share deep, authentic stories that celebrate Small Town Legacies.
From individuals pursuing their Big Dreams in unlikely places, to events that have shaped the culture of small towns and even nations: they all matter here.
Our collaborations include individual writers with a story to tell, to local ngo’s and governments who want the world to know about their small town and all the possibilities.
This is a community-centered endeavor, with a strong focus on small, independent businesses and events that make a location truly unique.
The goal: sharing stories with deeper meaning, touching on truths and lives bigger than any one small town could hold, and yet there they are:
Thriving and being these snippets of inspiration that we get to shine a little light on.
Highlighting these gems in Small Towns helps bring attention and ignite the imaginations of potential visitors and investors, as well as generate positive feelings for those who live, work and play there.
- Legacies are what we create that are bigger than ourselves: the things we leave behind that matter (which are rarely ‘things’ at all). The stories, the love, the impact we’ve made.
- Legacies are what people sometimes wait too long to think about, or change. We’re working to shift that a smidge.
Why Small Towns?
- Small Towns are what I know. I grew up in small towns, and am raising my family in a small town.
- Small Towns are fascinating with their dynamic, criss-cross patterns of relationships.
- Small Towns are our history. But, they are also our Present, and an important part of our Future.
Perhaps even most importantly:
- Sometimes, it takes looking at the Small stories to understand the really Big ones.
Come along on the journey to Explore, Celebrate, and Share inspiring, fun, and down-right unbelievable stories of people creating Great Big Lives in Really Small Places!
The Book: Look for more to come on the first Small Town Legacies book. Send us an email and we’ll keep you posted on the progress (and send “bonus” features you won’t find here).
Work with Me
I am somewhat obsessed with sharing the stories of Small Towns.
Along the way, I also work one-on-one with communities, businesses, and artists to build the legacies they desire. Find our more here.
Creatives: Contact Me to Discuss your Ideas and how you’d like to get involved. Or, if you’d like to be added to our expanding list of potential (paid) collaborators.
Communities: Does your Community have interesting people and stories? We can help you make the most out of what you have.
Organizations and Businesses: I’ve worked directly with hundreds of organizations and small businesses, helping them tell the stories that matter the most to their key constituents.
Do you have people, places or events that you think should be featured in our Small Town Legacies collections? Contact Me today! Have Blog, Will Travel.
Not quite enough? Get to know a little more about me, and this project, here. I can’t wait to meet you, and hear what you’ve been creating!